What percent of motorcycle crashes are fatal?
When an accident does happen, there is a reported 80% chance of injury or death on a motorcycle in comparison to about 20% for passenger vehicles. Non-fatal injuries for motorcycle accidents include the danger of paralysis, such as quadriplegia.
Avoiding Common Pitfalls in Motorcycle Accident Cases with the Help of a Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents have become increasingly common in recent years, leaving many riders and their families facing life-altering consequences. After an accident, it is important to seek professional legal advice to help protect your rights and ensure you are compensated for your losses. A knowledgeable attorney can help avoid common legal pitfalls and guide you through the process of filing a motorcycle accident claim.
One of the most common issues faced by those involved in a motorcycle accident is understanding the legal limits of liability. Establishing fault and determining who is liable for the damages can be complicated and require extensive research. An attorney well-versed in motorcycle accident law can review evidence, gather witness statements, and provide guidance for making an accountable claim for compensation.
Another common mistake is underestimating the damages caused by the accident. Many injured riders don’t take into account the long-term costs associated with medical expenses or the impact on their livelihood and quality of life. A qualified attorney can help you account for the whole cost of the accident by reviewing your medical records, factoring-in lost wages, and ensuring that you are compensated for pain and suffering.
Additionally, it is important to be aware that insurance companies may try to pay as little money as possible. They may press you to accept an offer that does not cover all the costs of your injury and damages. If this happens, a skilled lawyer will be able to negotiate with insurance companies to secure the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Finally, time is of the essence when filing a motorcycle accident claim. Depending on your state’s statutes, you may be restricted by a statute of limitations and your claim could be dismissed if it isn’t brought in time. An experienced attorney can navigate the legal process and ensure your case is filed on time, giving you the best possible chance of success.
In conclusion, motorbike accidents can have devastating and long-lasting effects. The right attorney can ensure the legal process runs as smoothly as possible and help you secure the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced attorney for legal advice.